This park is at the confluent of the Maude and tyhe Derivation, the Boverie park is a place well appreciated by inhabitants of Liège, childrens and adults, since the XIVth century.
The park and the zoological garden were created in the second part of the 19th century.This on the edge of the Meuse public park was modificed in 1874 by G. Blonden which remplaced small buildings ( aubettes, restaurant, cage with animals) by planted trees areas. It has kept his lanscaped plan in the north-west part. However, the south-west part was transformated into a regular garden. His principals attracts are the pergola and rose garden. The park has served for the universal exhibition of 1905 where was built the center of fine arts.
Now, this remarkable green space welcome in his own the new Boverie Museum, Fine-Arts museum and international exhibition center.